Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Today I find myself working on

Today I am supposed to be working on a job for the NJ school system. And I'll get to it eventually. I've got MLK's portrait to draw, and my photo reference is looking up at me from my computer desk right now. But I took the morning to write several chapters of a "Pulp" style story that got started this week. For someone who's supposed to be a commercial artist/illustrator/cartoonist I spend a lot of time writing. But this is the first time in a while that I've really enjoyed myself doing it. I have no grand design, I'm simply writing for the enjoyment of doing so. Still I do need to get the requisite $$$ worth of drawings done today. Ah, the joys of freelance work!

I'm also supposed to figure out how to post some of my art here. Matt's parting words last night (as he went home to his wife and kids, and I went home to my wife),"I keep forgetting there's a learning curve to this".

I feel less clueless today, I must say.

No comments: