Monday, October 17, 2005

Seems I'm still playing cheerleader

Just got done writing a long "cheer" for my buddy Matt (who you may recall has been helping me with this Blog-thing). I passed his info, portfolio, and a long letter of recommendation to another pal, Randy, who owns an ad agency not far from my studio. Maybe Matt and Randy will work together one day. And I, the ever faithful freelance will pick up some work when they are standing together at the top of a 50 story building that houses their empire. My dreams have become less grand for myself and more grand for my friends it seems.

"May I, perhaps, live vicariously through you? Thank you so much."

At any rate today I managed to work up another chapter of Doctor Incubus, as well as considerable inking for that school project. The client is now calling for more corrections to already completed art, but that's the business. I look forward to finishing the project and getting back to more satisfying work.

Speaking of work, if anyone out there cares, have you seen the label for "Crush" wines in your local convenience store? Well, I worked on that label, inking the pencils of fellow cartoonist Orrin Lundgren. Why Orrin chose me for the job is puzzling to me still. He claims that it's my ability at inking, and I've no reason to doubt that, but he's really good too. My gain I guess.

It's nice to have friends.

No comments: