Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The interim

Today promises to be one long wait. Things are changing around here and today seems like one of those pivotal moments.

Woke this morning to the sounds of heavy equipment next door. My older brother, Jeff, is in the process of remodeling the family gas station (which has been closed for a couple of years now) for his electrical business. What with the sudden change in the weather (we've gone from summer like conditions last week, to snow flurries last night and possibly tonight), and the impending performance by Gypsy Bandwagon (www.gypsybandwagon.com) this evening today seems to have "life change" written all over it.

Of course I'm a bit drowsy today, which may be affecting my mood. We were practicing with Lance and Carissa until around 11:30 last night, and then we had to come back home and unload the van after that.

I'll have to reload it this afternoon, unload at the gig, set up, play, break down, reload, drive home and unload. Ah, the life of a musician.

Oddly enough, I'm supposed to be an illustrator. As proof of that I'm supposed to have some art up on this blog, aren't I? Matt just sent me some more instructions on how to accomplish that and I'm going to go try those instructions out.

Okay, that went over as well as a lead balloon. Seems the website that I'm attempting to use to host images is "not responding". I hope this isn't the result of some hacker trying to get back at some perceived injustice. It's just immature to do that sort of thing. Someone offers a free service on the web and some wiseguy decides to crash their server.

Maybe it's not that at all. Maybe they're just doing some sort of work on the site. But from my end it's frustrating. I really do draw pretty well (cue "Napoleon Dynamite" sound track here). I'd like to have someone be able to see what I do without having to go to my other web locations.

No comments: