Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tarheel Artwheel does Cartwheels for Art Deal

Waynesville, NC

Cartoonist and Illustrator, James E. Lyle, today announced that he had agreed in principle to pencil and ink a new graphic novella scripted and colored by Gary Scott Beatty. The working title of the book is "Adam among the Gods", and will take a hard look at the subject of Genetic Engineering.

"I'm very excited about the project, " said Lyle. "Gary and I have known each other for several years through the Comic Artists Direct website, but I was actually surprised when he approached me to illustrate this story. I was impressed with both its theme and execution, and I'm hoping to bring something unique to the visuals."

No schedule or publisher has been announced at this time, but considering the quality of past work from these two comics professionals the final project should have no problem finding a home.

1 comment:

1000 black lines said...

Congrats! Sounds like a very exciting project.