Monday, January 23, 2006

Hey I drew something!

Hoping to get a new piece of art posted here today. Okay now this should work.



Wonder Woman is © DC Comics, Inc. Artwork by James E. Lyle

This piece is a Christmas gift for my best buddie's wife. She doesn't know that she's getting it (okay, so what if it's LATE? Give me a break). Anyway, the original was done almost as an afterthought, since I had just gotten a commission for another WW piece. It's as easy, in a way, to do two of them as it is to do one. I get all tooled up for one and I might as well do two or three. (That's not to say that it doesn't still take three times as long to ink them). I actually did three pencil sketches, but the guy who commissioned the first one preferred that I not do the "hands on hips" pose. He's got a museum full of WW art and so I'm sure is tired of that pose. But my pal Toni has been after me for a prototypical WW since this summer. So she's getting this piece, sans color.

The color process was an afterthought as well. I won't go into it, but I spent the better part of this afternoon doing it, when I could have been working on paying stuff. But this is promotion after all. It looks nice. So this will have to be considered advertising.

Who's next?

No comments: