Thursday, November 03, 2005

Why does it take so long to be creative?

I've been having a week of some considerable frustration. It seems to take me most of the week to get around to doing what I want. Well, not exactly. I did finish up Tim Chandler's latest piece on Monday. Then I managed to finish up some inking for a project called Drastik! On tuesday. I've done some updated art for Gypsy Bandwagon's website (still under construction by my band buddies, Lance and Carissa). I taught two lessons yesteday, and banged out about 4 more chapters of Doctor Incubus! So I'm doing all right, but today I managed to pencil a page of The PLUS for a space they're holding in Negative Burn for me, and I re-inked a Black Canary piece that I did about 3 years ago (I then made the mistake of coloring it on the board, and I haven't been able to interest one person in it since).

Anyway, I get a lot done, but sometimes it seems like I'm paddling in circles. At least I feel like I've made some headway today. I think one of the problems is that I'm going out in the evenings more lately. Monday we took some kids from church to a family fun fest (noboby actually barfed in the car, but there was that threat after all the candy they'd eaten). Tuesday we went to the WNC group of the Southeast Chapter of the National Cartoonists Society meeting in Asheville. Last night I went to jam on my bass at the library (my usual routine, except that Karin had to practice with Celtic Knot, so I went alone). Tonight Karin's playing at Lake Junaluska again. In fact I should probably go load her harp even now.

1 comment:

Ivy Guy said...

sounds like you did do some creative things..