Friday, November 18, 2005

Whine, Whine, Whiiiine!

Okay this is rather disheartening. It seems that Art just isn't selling much right now. I don't want to get too down about it, but that Black Canary I posted on eBay
(See the artist shamelessly plug his art) just isn't attracting that much interest. In times past a piece like this would have had a horde of buyers looking at it.

Now a lot of this could be attributed to the fact that it's just before Thanksgiving. Could be. A good bit more could be the fact that there's a lot of really neat comics art up there to be bid upon (I saw some Kirby going for tens of thousands). But then we can't all win the Kirby art now can we? So why no more interest in BC?

My friend, Bill tells me that at the gallery where he has his watercolors, that they say that originals just haven't been selling since 9/11. Hmmm. I did sell that one TV Batgirl pretty well. But maybe original sales have been off. I was selling a lot of prints at shows over the past couple of years. But my sales went off once I decided not to do prints anymore.

Still, I am getting stuff set up with CafePress to do more tee-shirts. I understand that the Gypsy Bandwagon CD is in. Gypsy Bandwagon Plug

So I'll have that stuff to push at shows. Maybe something will click. We'll see.

1 comment:

Ivy Guy said...

Not a good week for artwork....

Everyone saving up for Christmas gifts.....

There is nothing wrong with this Bird of Prey...