Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Actual news and some thoughts

I have three (count 'em THREE) comics coming out in 2008 and the year's just begun.

First off, Transfuzion Publications

http://www.transfuzion.biz/

Is releasing "Saint Germaine: Tales of an Immortal" which is already in the January Previews catalog and will hopefully be in a number of regular book stores as well. This TPB collection of the Saint Germaine series (originally published by Caliber) features a good 40 pages of my art, in a story about Casanova.

Second, Azzurn Publishing

http://www.comicartistsdirect.com/index.html (look for the ads center page)

Is releasing "Adam Among the Gods". This book is all my pencils and inks, done in collaboration with my webmaster, Gary Scott Beatty, who also happens to be owner and publisher of Aazurn Publishing. I hope a lot of people will be buying Aazurn books, because then Gary will be able to pay me to do more! Look for Adam in the February Previews.

Third, (an outgrowth of the first event)

Negative Burn

http://www.desperado.lightcubed.com/BOOKS/NegativeBurn.htm

Will be featuring a never before seen Saint Germaine story in the May issue of that anthology. If I understand it correctly it will be a Caliber reunion story. What happened is Gary Reed (not to be confused with any other Garys that I work with) got in touch with Joe Pruett after we worked out the deal for the ST.G TPB. Gary realized that we had another ST.G story that had never been published. Well, what we had was 18 out of 24 pages. Gary talked me into doing the last 6 pages and I just finished that up Friday. I scanned all the pages on Monday and they'll be lettered (in all likelyhood by Nate Pride who did a bang up job on my work at Caliber) and solicited in March.

The interesting thing is that I actually drew the bulk of the story back in 1998, after doing the bulk of the Casanova issue mentioned above. Someone else was supposed to do the framing art, but for one reason or another couldn't complete that assignment. So Gary had me draw some additional pages to "Casanova's Lament" and that was ST.G issue #9. I was set to draw the additional pages of the "new" story when Caliber went out of business. Now ten years later I found myself trying to draw in my old style.

To make things even more interesting, the story is about reuniting people after a long time apart. So life does imitate art!

Look for this "Caliber Reunion" soon.

I hope everyone reading this buys 200 copies of all of these soon to be released books. That would make a huge contribution to paying off some of my bills. Think about it. ;)

No comments: