Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Rock Star Life is not for me!

Been so long since I posted here. A lot has happened since the last one. Most notably Gypsy Bandwagon's debut at Jack of the Wood in downtown Asheville, on Saint Patrick's day.

I have a bunch of notes from sitting there for hours waiting on Karin, Carissa, and Lance to return from the other gig with Celtic Knot. But they aren't the sort of thing I want to share with the world. Mostly about boredom.

Ultimately Lance and I decided (after the gig) that two shows in one night is too much for any of us. Even those of us who only have to sit and watch instruments for hours on end.

Guess what we did the next day? Celtic Knot went to play a fund-raiser in Tryon, NC. I went with them (I actually drove the biggest part of the band). Way too much for one weekend! Especially after getting home at 3 am the night before.

But it wasn't over yet. Karin had to play with Bean Sidhe (Banshee) on Sunday evening! By the time it was through there was not a nerve left. It's not that the company was always annoying (although there were some encounters over the weekend that I don't care to mention), but it was just too much of…well, everything. I needed time to unwind.

So I took yesterday off. I couldn't think straight. I just barely got some tax forms taken care of today. I can't imagine what they would have been like if I'd tackled them yesterday.

No. The Rock Star stuff's not for me. I need to be in my little studio drawing more often than I have been. Today was a relief. I just went back to inking. It was a blessing.

Of course, there is a Gypsy Bandwagon show at Lake Junaluska on Thursday. I may be able to handle it by then. I mean, I did manage to put my drums back together today, rather than leaving them scattered on the floor after dropping them off Saturday morning at 3am. I had thought that perhaps I'd never be able to look at the drum set again. I haven't played it. But it's all together if I want to.

Don't know how some guys do it.

1 comment:

1000 black lines said...

For what it is worth, I enjoyed the Jack of the Wood show and posted photos on my blog and on blogasheville.